Spicy Texas Pecans
This easy-to-make snack is a fun and flavorful take on a classic favorite.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups pecan halves
1/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons pure chile powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add pecans and sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking and cook until caramelized, about 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the paprika, chili powder and cumin. Add the vinegar and cook until all the liquid has evaporated; season with salt(optional).
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until crisp, about 3 minutes.
Makes 16 (3 tablespoon) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe; 3 tablespoons): Calories 170 | Calories from Fat 150 | Fat 16g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 30mg | Carbohydrates 7g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 4g | Protein 2g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.