Upside Down Sweet Potato Pudding
Visitor Comment: "I usually find an aftertaste in food with artificial sweetener but this was delicious with no after taste." T. Hartford.
7 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large slices
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low fat milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup Splenda® Granular
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/4 cup Egg Beaters®*
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
Non-stick cooking spray, butter flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Boil peeled potatoes until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking whisk the remaining ingredients (next 10) except raisins in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and transfer into bowl of heavy-duty mixer. With whisk attachment on low speed, slowly incorporate milk mixture.
- Spray bottom and sides of an 8-inch round, 3-inch high pan with non stick cooking spray and sprinkle raisins on bottom. Pour potato mixture into prepared pan and bake for one hour and twenty-five minutes. Pan will be full. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes. Place large plate on top of pudding, flip pan over and allow pudding to release onto plate. Serve hot or cold.
Makes 20 (6-ounce) servings.
*Or substitute with 10 large egg whites, or 5 large whole eggs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/20 of recipe; 6 ounces using egg substitute): Calories 210, Carbohydrates 48 g, Protein 5 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Total Fat 0.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 180 mg.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.