Biscuit Burgers and Fries
Let the kids help prepare dinner tonight with this easy and kid-friendly hamburger and fries recipe.
1 (16-ounce) package frozen shoestring potatoes
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
Onion salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1 (8-count) package grand-sized refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place potatoes in a large plastic bag, add cornstarch and salt, seal top of bag and shake vigorously. Spread coated potatoes on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While fries are baking, form ground beef into 8 balls. Place a sheet of waxed paper on working surface and arrange meat balls. Lay another sheet of waxed paper over the meatballs and press to flatten.
- Place mini-burgers in a preheated skillet and sprinkle with onion salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and turn.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Remove from oven, let cool down before cutting them in half. Place a hamburger in each biscuit, serve with French fries and desired condiments.
Makes 4 (2-biscuit burger) servings.