Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A delizioso Italian meat sauce with cream
served over pasta.
Fusilli with Creamy
Tomato and Meat Sauce
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (14-ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fusilli, vermicelli or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- For sauce, in a large saucepan cook ground
beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, Italian
seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until most of liquid has
evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to
package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite). Drain;
- Gradually stir the whipping cream into
the sauce. Heat through, stirring constantly, but do not boil.
Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Arrange the pasta on individual plates
or a large platter. Spoon the sauce over the pasta.
Makes 4 servings.