Mom's Cabbage Rolls
These easy, mildly spicy-hot stuffed cabbage rolls are sure to become a family favorite that can be served year-round.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large head of cabbage
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
Cajun seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut out the core of the cabbage. Par-boil the head of cabbage in a large pot of boiling water. Remove leaves from water as they loosen from cabbage head and soften.
- Mix ground beef, rice, onion, and parsley together in a bowl. Add Cajun seasoning, salt, or pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix two cans of tomato sauce and can of Rotel. Add 3/4 cups of this sauce to the meat mixture.
- Fill each cabbage leaf with meat mixture. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of cabbage rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350°F (175°C).
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.