Halloween Trick or Treats Monster Cups
Silly 'monster' faces decorate the tops of these Halloween cupcakes with candy bar centers.
30 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups water
1 (16-ounce) container creamy vanilla ready-to-serve frosting
Red and yellow food color
Assorted HERSHEY'S Candies
- Remove wrappers from chocolates; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin cups (2 1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter. Place chocolate piece in center of each.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from cups to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Tint frosting with red and yellow food color to make orange.
- Frost cupcakes with orange frosting. Cut up candies to make "monster" faces.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.