Hershey's best brownie recipe with creamy chocolate frosting. These brownies are tops in their class!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares.
- FOR CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING: Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. Makes about 1 cup frosting.
Makes 16 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.