Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Chocolate cake-like brownies flavored with
almond extract (or cherry brandy) and strewn with chopped maraschino
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 tablespoons kirsch (cherry brandy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
Additional maraschino cherries, halved (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease
and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly press cherries between layers
of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In small bowl, beat butter, sugar and
eggs until creamy. Mix in corn syrup, almond extract and vanilla
until well blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking
powder; add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir
in cherries and almonds; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies
begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan
on wire rack.
- Frost, if desired. Cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional cherries, if desired.
Makes about 16 brownies.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens,
and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. ©
The Hershey Company.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.