Toffee Bits Triangles
A buttery brown sugar crust, studded with toffee bits, is topped with chocolate and more toffee bits.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups (8-ounce package) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits - divided use
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or 2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat butter in large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Beat in brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until well mixed.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup of the toffee bits.
- Press into ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top. Cool completely.
- Cut into 3-inch squares; cut each square into 4 triangles.
Makes 60 triangles.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.