Candy Cookies In A Jar
A great gift idea for cookies--layer the dry ingredients in a one-quart glass jar! Attach the preparation instructions on a label or card.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup mini candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To Make Cookies In A Jar:
- Layer flour, baking soda, salt, oats, candy pieces, brown sugar, sugar and peanuts in a 1-quart glass jar with airtight seal. Cover; decorate jar as desired.
Attach the Directions to Prepare and Bake Cookies:
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine butter, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes). Add dry ingredients from jar. Stir by hand until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls or drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Tip: Use within one month to avoid hardening of brown sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories: 90 Fat: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 10 mg Sodium: 65 mg Carbohydrates: 10 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g