Goofy-gross Halloween 'eyeballs', frozen little balls of whipped topping with a blueberry 'pupil' set in red gelatin.
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, partially thawed
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (6-ounce) package gelatin, any red flavor
1 cup cold water
- Using a melon baller or small ice cream scoop, place 2 small scoops (about 2 tablespoons each) of whipped topping into each of 12 dessert dishes for "eyeballs". Place a blueberry in each scoop for the "pupil". Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 1/2 cups. Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any remaining ice.
- Spoon gelatin into prepared dishes around each eyeball, leaving the top of the eyeballs exposed.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
Makes 12 servings.