The toasted nuts give this fantastic chocolate marshmallow fudge incredible flavor.
3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 (5-ounce) small can evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts, toasted*
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside.
- Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F (110°C), stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add nuts and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan; spread to evenly cover bottom of pan. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Makes about 80 (1-inch) squares.
*To toast nuts, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.