Firecracker Baked Beans
Horseradish gives this pot of smoky barbecued beans some fire and spark.
1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (64-ounce) can kidney beans
3/4 cup smoked bbq sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Sauté over medium heat peppers, onions, bacon, butter, salt and pepper.
- Combine with bean mixture and transfer to glass baking dish.
- Mix in large bowl; barbecue and Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, horseradish and mustard. Set aside.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes at 300ºF (150ºC).
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Horseradish.org.