Floating Hand Punch
Add these spooky frozen hands, made from fruit-flavored drink mix, instead of an ice ring, to the punch at your next Halloween party.
Clear plastic or latex gloves
Gummy worms (optional)
Sugar-free fruit-flavored drink mix
- If the gloves have a powdery residue inside, turn them inside out and soak in warm water or wipe with soapy water and rinse. Allow gloves to dry. Or, turn gloves inside out, leaving the powdery side to the outside.
- Prepare your favorite fruit-flavored drink mix and pour into the gloves. (Sugar free liquid freezes better than liquids with sugar.)
- Add enough drink to fill the gloves loosely but not so full that the fingers will not move. If you wish, add a few gummy worms to each "hand".
- Fasten the gloves tightly with a twist tie.
- Place paper towels on a cookie sheet and lay the hands on the paper towels. Freeze.
- When hands are frozen solid, carefully cut off gloves with scissors.
- Float hands in a bowl of punch for scary fun.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.