Graveyard Goo Dessert
Halloween layers of yummy goblin goo, chocolatey, orange and cream cheesy, too!
35 chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 1 3/4 cups) - divided use
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed - divided use
2 cups boiling water
1 (8-serving size) package orange gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
Oblong shaped vanilla cream-filled sandwich cookies
Decorator icing or gels
- In a 12 x 9-inch glass baking dish, combine 1 1/2 cups of the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter, mixing well. Press firmly onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, beat: cream cheese until smooth and creamy, gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust.
- In another medium bowl, stir boiling water and gelatin until completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 1 1/2 cups. Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Spoon slightly thickened gelatin over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over gelatin and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup wafer crumbs.
- Decorate sandwich cookies with icings to make "tombstones." Stand tombstones on top of dessert with candies to resemble a graveyard.
Makes 15 servings.