Halloween Creamy Parfaits
These Halloween-themed parfaits will be devoured with zombie-like zeal by young and old goblins alike.
12 orange cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies - divided use
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup orange juice
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1 to 2 drops each red and yellow food colorings
Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Finely chop 8 of the cookies; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand 1 minute. Cook on low heat 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add ice cream; stir until ice cream is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in food colorings until gelatin mixture is evenly colored.
- Spoon gelatin mixture and chopped cookies alternately in 4 (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Top with dollops of sweetened whipped cream and remaining 4 cookies just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.