Halloween Dessert Cups
Ghosts and goblins gotta have their desserts just like everyone else, so serve 'em these sweet treats in a cup!
16 orange-filled chocolate sandwich cookies - divided use
1 cup boiling water
1 (3.25-ounce) package lime gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups thawed nondairy whipped topping
20 drops each: green and yellow food coloring
8 (7-ounce) clear plastic cups
3 tablespoons white decorating icing
Black shoestring licorice, candy corn and cinnamon red hot candies
8 wooden sticks
- Crush 8 of the cookies; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Remove any unmelted ice. Add whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add food colorings; mix well. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture into each plastic cup. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the crushed cookies; cover with 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Spread tops of the remaining cookies with decorating icing.
- Decorate each to resemble silly faces using licorice pieces for the mouth, nose and eyebrows, candy corn for teeth and cinnamon candies for the eyes.
- Insert a stick into side of each decorated cookie. Insert 1 decorated cookie into each dessert cup just before serving.
Makes 8 servings.