Marinara topped heart shaped turkey meat
- 10-ounces frozen spinach, thawed, chopped
(squeezed to drain)
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided use
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Shady Brook Farms Ground
Turkey Breast, 99% Fat-free
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
2 tablespoon minced onion, instant
3 slices bread (soft)
1 large egg
1 cup marinara sauce
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, cheese,
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients;
- For mini-loaves, oil four 4-inch heart-shaped
pans*. Pat the pans 1/2 full with the meat mixture, then spoon
some of the spinach mixture into the center of each. Cover each
with the remaining meat mixture, making sure the filling is completely
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
- Spoon marinara sauce over top. Bake 15
minutes more or until no longer pink in the center.
Makes 4 servings.
*A 9-inch heart-shaped pan may be used,
and needs to bake 1 hour before the marinara sauce is added.
Bake 30 minutes more or until no longer pink in the center.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 14.2-ounces/403.5g,
Calories per serving: 443, Calories from fat 174, Total fat:
19 g, Saturated fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 195 mg, Sodium: 785 mg,
Carbohydrate: 22 g, Fiber Carbs: 5 g, Sugar Carbs: 7 g, Protein:
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Shady Brook Farms, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used