Heart-Shaped Mini Turkey Meatloaf
Marinara tops these hearty, heart-shaped turkey meat loaves, a special Valentine's Day entrée your family is sure to love.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt - divided use
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds Shady Brook Farms™ Ground Turkey Breast, 99% Fat-free
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk (2/3 cup)
2 tablespoon minced onion, instant
3 slices soft bread
1 large egg
1 cup marinara sauce
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- For mini-loaves, oil four 4-inch heart-shaped pans*. Pat the pans 1/2 full with the meat mixture, then spoon some of the spinach mixture into the center of each. Cover each with the remaining meat mixture, making sure the filling is completely surrounded.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
- Spoon marinara sauce over top. Bake 15 minutes more or until no longer pink in the center.
Makes 4 servings.
*A 9-inch heart-shaped pan may be used, and needs to bake 1 hour before the marinara sauce is added. Bake 30 minutes more or until no longer pink in the center.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories per serving: 443, Calories from fat 174, Total fat: 19 g, Saturated fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 195 mg, Sodium: 785 mg, Carbohydrate: 22 g, Fiber Carbs: 5 g, Sugar Carbs: 7 g, Protein: 45 g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Shady Brook Farms, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.