Holiday Round Turkey Melt
A hollowed-out round loaf of bread is layered inside with slices of cooked turkey breast, shredded mozzarella cheese, dried cranberries, thinly sliced onions and baby spinach leaves and baked until heated through. This makes a wonderful party sandwich using deli sliced turkey or for using up leftover holiday turkey.
1 (1-pound) unsliced round bread loaf
1/4 mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 pound leftover cooked turkey breast, sliced (or use deli sliced turkey)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut 1/2-inch-thick slice off top of bread loaf; set aside. Remove center of loaf, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve removed bread for another use.
- Spread inside of bread shell with dressing.
- Fill with layers of cheese, cranberries, turkey, onions and spinach.
- Cover with top of bread; wrap in foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until sandwich is heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges with serrated knife.
Makes 6 servings.