Thrill the little ones on Halloween with these boo-licious treats! With charming chocolate chip eyes and a magical strawberry flavor, these ghoulish treats are frightfully fun and easy to make.
3 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 lollipop sticks
24 NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C). Lightly grease and flour baking sheets.
- Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add Nesquik, sugar and vanilla extract; beat until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Spoon meringue into gallon-size heavy plastic bag, then cut a 1/4-inch wide opening at the tip.
- Place sticks about 6 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Pipe meringue onto baking sheets into ghostly shapes about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick, 3 to 4-inches wide and 4 to 6-inches long. To make eyes, lightly press morsels into meringues.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meringues are firm to the touch. Turn oven off. Allow meringues to cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Slide spatula under meringues to release.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.