Witch's Popcorn Hat
It's easy to shape this Halloween showoff from a combo of popcorn and marshmallow creme. It makes a fun and yummy party snack.
20 cups popped popcorn (1 cup unpopped)
1 1/2 cups light-colored corn syrup
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Purple and lime green paste food coloring
Candy-coated milk chocolate pieces or small hard candies
Red rolled fruit leather, cut in strips
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with foil. Grease foil and set aside.
- Remove and throw away all unpopped kernels from the popped popcorn.
- Grease 2 13x9x2-inch or larger baking pans. Divide popcorn evenly between the two pans.
- In a large saucepan combine corn syrup and sugar. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme, butter, and vanilla. Pour half of this mixture (about 2 cups) into another saucepan. Tint each portion with desired food coloring. Add marshmallow mixture to popcorn (keeping colors separate). Stir to coat evenly. Cool until popcorn can be handled easily, about 10 minutes.
- With greased hands, press one color of the popcorn mixture into prepared pizza pan. Shape the remaining popcorn mixture into a 8-inch cone about 6-inches in diameter. Top base with cone shape. Decorate with chocolate pieces and fruit leather.
Makes 1 witch's hat.
Recipe and photograph provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.