Cheesy Spinach Pasta Pie
Serve this meatless cheese, spinach and pasta casserole for brunch with fresh fruit and warm muffins.
1 (9-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted according to package directions
6 ounces dry spaghetti, prepared according to package directions
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 large eggs - divided use
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/3 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Combine pasta, oil and 2 lightly beaten eggs in large bowl; press onto bottom and up side of 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Combine creamed spinach, remaining eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half-and-half, onion, Parmesan, parsley and basil; spoon into pasta shell. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean; cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.