Sweet Cheese Tart with Raspberry Sauce
A nutty coconut crumb crust is topped with a zesty, lime-scented ricotta cheese fillng and garnished with slices of kiwifruit and red raspberry sauce.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans or macadamia nuts
1 cup (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 (10-ounce) package frozen red raspberries, in sugar syrup, thawed
1 kiwifruit, sliced
- For Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the coconut and nuts. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For Filling: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the cheeses, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lime peel; process until smooth. Spoon into the crust; chill for one hour.
- For Sauce: In a blender, process the raspberries into a smooth sauce.
- To serve, arrange the kiwifruit slices in a circle on top of the tart; drizzle with half of the raspberry sauce. Cut the tart into slices; serve with the remaining sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.