Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound thinly sliced yellow onions
2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
2 tablespoons anchovy paste
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
1 pound prepared pizza dough
1 1/4 cups sliced California Ripe Olives
1 cup (2 ounces) grated Gruyére cheese
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cover and turn heat down to low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes over very low heat until tender and golden.
- Remove from heat, mix in anchovy paste and rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 12-inch by 17-inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread with an even layer of caramelized onions. Top with California Ripe Olives and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 500°F (260°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into 6 (6-inch by 5 1/2-inch) rectangles and serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 344; Total Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 26mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 748mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.