Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1/2 pound eggplant, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/2 pound zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup green peppers, cut in strips
1/4 cup diced onion
2 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup pizza sauce
1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
3/4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
1 tomato, sliced
1/4 cup olives, sliced
1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
2 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt eggplant; let sit in colander 30 minutes Rinse and pat dry.
- Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place eggplant and zucchini on baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C), 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Spray sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté peppers, onion and garlic.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust; top with provolone cheese. Arrange eggplant, zucchini and tomato on pizza. Top with pepper mixture, olives, Romano cheese and oregano.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F (230°C) and bake pizza 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 315; Calories From Fat: 29; Total Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 21mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 801mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.