Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Tropical and light, these bacon-wrapped
chops easily make dinner a special event. Serve with grilled
seasonal vegetables and steamed rice.
with Spicy Mango-Basil Relish
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
8 strips bacon
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Spicy Mango-Basil Relish:
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Wrap 2 strips of bacon around the outside
edge of each pork chop, securing in several places with toothpicks.
- Mix together the soy sauce, lime juice,
cayenne pepper and garlic. Reserve half of the mixture for basting
and place half in a shallow baking dish. Add pork to dish and
turn to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
hour, turning pork occasionally. (Marinate longer for more flavor.)
- Remove pork from marinade, discard marinade,
and place pork on grill over medium coals.
- Cook for 12 to 16 minutes total, basting
with reserved marinade several times, until pork is 160°F
(70°C), as measured with an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve with a large dollop of Spicy Mango-Basil
- For Spicy Mango-Basil Relish: In a small
bowl stir together chopped mango, lime juice, chopped fresh basil
and cayenne pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Pork, Be Inspired®.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.