Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Coconut and cashews lend exotic flavors
and textures to this quick stir-fry. Serve with hot cooked rice
and steamed asparagus for a tasty and easy meal any day of the
Coconut Cashew Pork
- 1 pound pork stir-fry strips (loin, tenderloin,
or pork leg)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for garnish
- Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- In medium bowl stir together soy sauce,
wine, honey, lime juice, cornstarch and ginger. Add pork strips,
marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over
high heat, add pork and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion and stir-fry one minute longer.
- Add marinade to skillet, cook and stir
until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cashews and coconut, heat through.
- Garnish with kiwifruit and serve with
hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 200 calories
Protein 14 grams Fat 10 grams Sodium 290 milligrams Cholesterol
30 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 12 grams Fiber
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork: The Other
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.