Coconut Cashew Pork Stir-Fry
Coconut and cashews lend exotic flavors and textures to this quick stir-fry. Serve with hot cooked rice and steamed asparagus for a tasty and easy meal any day of the week.
1 pound pork stir-fry strips (loin or tenderloin)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for garnish
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- In medium bowl stir together soy sauce, wine, honey, lime juice, cornstarch and ginger. Add pork strips, marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat, add pork and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion and stir-fry one minute longer.
- Add marinade to skillet, cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cashews and coconut, heat through.
- Garnish with kiwifruit and serve with hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 200 calories Protein 14 grams Fat 10 grams Sodium 290 milligrams Cholesterol 30 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 12 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.