Who says that ribs are just to be enjoyed during the summer? Serve up these classically flavored spareribs for your family all year-round. These ribs go well with roasted potatoes and braised carrots.
6 pounds pork spareribs
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line shallow roasting pans with heavy-duty foil.
- Stir liquid smoke into mustard, if desired.
- Combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and salt in small bowl.
- Brush meatier side of each slab of ribs with liquid smoke-mustard mixture or the mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over mustard. Place ribs in foil-lined roasting pans.
- Roast for 2 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours or until fork tender. (If ribs are becoming dry, cover with foil the last 30 to 45 minutes of roasting.)
- Transfer ribs to serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.