Carol Nau of Waverly was the first place winner from the Nebraska State Fair for this dish. Add a green salad and hot roll for a delicious meal to wow your guests!
6 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup Catalina salad dressing
1 medium tart apple, chopped
1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place chops in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, salad dressing, apple, onion soup mix and pecans. Pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until chops reach an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 432 calories;; Protein: 23 grams; Fat: 20 grams; Sodium: 961 milligrams; Cholesterol: 56 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 45 grams; Fiber: 3 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.