Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Looking for something quick, easy and satisfying
for supper? Try this simple stir-fry beef steak, onion and pepper
sandwich. Complete the meal with roasted potato wedges, seasonal
fruit and/or a green salad.
Onion 'N Pepper Beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small green, red or yellow bell pepper,
cut into thin slices
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8
to 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
1 small tomato, chopped
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, peppers and garlic; cook
and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat
until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes,
turning once. Do not overcook. Season with salt and pepper to
- Serve steak in toasted rolls with onion
mixture and tomato.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of the Beef Industry Council.