Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Another delicious recipe brought to you
by Redi-Base, "The Professional Soup Base For The Home Cook".
This sauce lends itself to chicken, seafood, and pasta dishes.
But, is also hearty enough to accompany a fillet mignon.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Redi-Base (your choice, such
as beef, chicken, vegetable, etc.)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add mushrooms
and onion. Saute until vegetables are softened.
- Add flour to form a roux. Slowly whisk
in water and the Redi-Base. Bring to a boil and add spinach and
lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Season with pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Serve.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Recipe used with permission by the Redi-Base
Soup & Sauce Company;www.redibase.com The flavor bases
preferred over any other by CooksRecipes.com.