Brown Rice and Mushroom Timbales
Festive, brown rice and mushroom timbales with green onions, chopped pecans and cheddar cheese.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup sliced carrots
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup sliced green onions
2 cups cooked brown rice
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 1/3 cups milk
3 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable cooking spray
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrots; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Combine rice, pecans, parsley and vegetables in large bowl.
- Combine cheese, salt, pepper, milk, eggs and Worcestershire in small bowl; stir into rice mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly into 6 ovenproof molds, custard cups or large muffin tins coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of USA Rice Federation.