Banana peppers stuffed with seasoned refried
beans, Monterey Jack cheese and corn.
Cheesy Fiesta Peppers
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can corn with red and
green peppers, drained
1/2 cup minced green onions
1 (15-ounce) can refried beans with green chiles
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
5 large banana peppers, halved and seeded
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded
Monterey Jack cheese
- Stir together corn and green onions.
- Stir together refried beans and cumin.
Spread mixture evenly on each pepper half; top evenly with corn
mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 to
30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with chunky salsa.
Makes 5 servings.
- For Cheesy Beef Fiesta Peppers: stir 1
pound lean ground beef, cooked until crumbled and no longer pink,
into refried bean mixture.
- For Cheesy Chicken Fiesta Peppers:
stir 1 pound shredded roasted chicken into refried bean mixture.