An exceptionally delicious version of chunky gazpacho, seasoned with both red and green Tabasco sauce.
1 small onion, sliced
2 large garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 pounds tomatoes, cored, seeded, diced
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon red Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons green Tabasco sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Tomato juice (optional)
- Purée first 4 ingredients in processor.
- Combine 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumber and 1/2 cup green pepper in small bowl and reserve.
- Add cilantro, tomato paste and remaining tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper to processor. Blend until chunky purée forms. Add the red and green Tabasco sauces, salt and pepper. Thin with the tomato juice if desired.
- Transfer gazpacho to large serving bowl and mix in reserved vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Ladle gazpacho into bowls.
Makes 4 servings.