Making a Pie Crust Video
Making the perfect pie crust is easy and costs just pennies.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup well chilled butter
1 tablespoon well chilled shortening
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons water
1. In a food processor add flour, sugar and salt.
2. Next add well chilled butter and well chilled shortening.
3. Pulse 3 to 4 times for 2 to 3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
4. In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
5. Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2 to 4 times, for 2 to 3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
6. Now remove the dough, cover and chill for a 1/2 hour.
7. Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.
7. Roll to desired size.
Video and instructions provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv.