Versatile quesadillas, great for lunch, a light supper or served as a party appetizer. A tasty way to use leftover holiday cooked turkey, too!
1 package Honeysuckle White® Thin Cut Turkey Breast Slices for Scallopini & Milanesa
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter - divided use
2 large (8-inch) flour tortillas
Optional Toppings: Grated cheddar cheese, diced tomato, fresh cilantro, chopped onion, salsa, diced red and green bell pepper and sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, sprinkle turkey with olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice turkey into strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortilla in skillet; top evenly with turkey and choice of toppings. Reduce heat to low. When cheese begins to melt, fold tortilla over.
- Remove from skillet, slice into three wedges.
- Repeat process for remaining tortilla.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.