Turkey Scaloppine with Artichokes and Mint
Sautéed turkey cutlets served with a refreshing mint-scented white wine and butter sauce with artichoke hearts and pimento.
1 package (about 1 1/2 pounds) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
1 (13.75-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 (4-ounce) jar pimento strips, drained
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Whole mint leaves for garnish, if desired
- Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook turkey about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add artichokes, pimento strips and garlic to skillet; cook about 1 minute. Add wine and broth; simmer until about 1/2 cup liquid remains. Add mint and butter; simmer 1 minute more.
- Place turkey on platter or individual plates; spoon sauce and vegetables over.
- Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.