Breaded, 'oven-fried' cubes of turkey breast served with a rum-spiked tropical orange and banana sauce.
2 pounds boneless turkey breast
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rum
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slice turkey into 1-inch cubes, sprinkle with flour seasoned with paprika, sage, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Arrange single layer in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, over low heat melt butter. Add brown sugar, stirring constantly, until melted about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir orange juice and rum into cornstarch; whisk together and gradually add to the sugar mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and clear, about 3 minutes. Add halved bananas and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place the baked turkey on a serving plate and pour the banana sauce on top.
Makes 6 servings.