Turkey with Orange Mint Marinade
Turkey tenderloins are marinated in a mint-infused orange and toasted sesame oil marinade prior to grilling or oven roasting.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins
1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients except turkey and stir to make the marinade (yields 1/3 cup).
- Place tenderloins in a large resealable bag or baking dish. Add the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill: Drain tenderloins and reserve marinade for basting.
- To Grill over medium-high heat, approximately 5 to 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally, until cooked through and tenderloins have reached an internal temperature of 165°F to 170°F (80°C).
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly oil baking pan (or use baking bag according to package directions).
- Arrange tenderloins in pan and pour on marinade.
- Bake covered for 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through and tenderloins have reached an internal temperature of 165°F to 170°F (80°C), removing cover in the last 10 minutes to brown.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.