Pepper Lime Veal Fajitas
Marinated strips of veal are stir-fried with red and yellow bell pepper strips and served with warm flour tortillas, salsa and fresh cilantro.
1 pound veal shoulder cutlets
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil - divided use
2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch wide strips
1 medium onion, sliced
8 small flour tortillas, warmed for accompaniment
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Salsa for accompaniment
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 3x1-inch strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Add veal; toss. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onion; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove; keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Drain veal; discard marinade. Add 1/2 of veal; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until just cooked through. (Do not overcook.) Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining veal.
- Combine veal and vegetables; season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortillas, cilantro and salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.