Beef & Roasted Pepper Crostini
These beef and roasted red pepper crostini make elegant, yet easy appetizers.
3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
3 tablespooons olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 loaves (8-ounces each) French bread (about 2 1/2-inch diameter), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, chopped
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In 1-cup glass measure, combine oil and garlic; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Lightly brush top side of each bread slice with oil mixture; arrange on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake in 450°F oven 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Layer equal amounts of beef, red peppers and cheese over toasted bread.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 32 appetizers.
- Bread may be toasted ahead and stored in airtight container.
- You may also substitute fully-cooled Beef Tri-Tip Roast for the deli roast beef.
Recipe courtesy of Texas Beef Council.