Cheddar Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pinwheels
Pinwheel appetizers are a favorite for noshing on at parties, and this tasty version is sure to be a hit with your guests.
4 strips of bacon
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 red bell pepper, roasted, seeded, skinned and chopped
1 package cream cheese
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
Jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes, and crumble. Add onion and garlic to bacon; sauté one minute. Drain and reserve bacon and onion mixture.
- Add red bell pepper, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, oregano and salt to bacon and onion mixture; put in a food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Spread blended cheese and bacon mixture over one side of each tortilla and roll up.
- Cut each rolled tortilla into 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve with a side of sliced jalapeño peppers.
Makes about 96 appetizers.
Recipe by Chef Jeff Blank of Hudson's on the Bend restaurant in Austin, Texas
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.