Country Style Pâté
Serve with toast points or crackers, pickled onions, assorted mustards and sweet pickles. Recipe for country-style pork pâté courtesy of Ontario Pork Council.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
1 pound pork liver, ground
3 cups fresh white bread crumbs
1/4 cup cognac
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
8 strips bacon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except bacon, mixing thoroughly.
- Line loaf tin with 4 strips bacon. Fill with pâté mixture and arrange remaining 4 strips of bacon on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place loaf tin in a large pan; fill pan with hot water so that water comes up to about 1/2-inch below top of loaf pan.
- Bake the pâté to an internal temperature of 150°F (65.5°C) about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Carefully unmold pâté, wrap and refrigerate.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Ontario Pork Council.