Jumpin' Jack Warmups
Who could resist nibbling on a few of these tasty homemade Jack cheese crackers?
1 cup butter
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
4 strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cream together butter and sugar; gradually beat in flour until mixture forms a stiff dough. Beat in cheese and bacon.
- Spread dough into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cut into squares and cut again diagonally for triangles while still hot.
- Cool; remove from pan. Store in a sealed container.
Makes 72 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.