Kerns Appetizer Meatballs
Brimming with flavor, it will be a party whenever you serve these luscious meatballs.
1 1/2 cups Pear or Apricot LIBBY'S® KERNS All Nectar
6 (2-inch) ginger snap cookies, finely crushed
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper - divided use
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup corn flake cereal, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Place nectar, crushed cookies, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and onion in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Combine milk, egg, garlic powder, remaining salt and remaining pepper in large bowl; stir in beef and cereal. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs a few at a time; transfer to shallow 2-quart casserole. Repeat with remaining meatballs. Drain oil from skillet; add nectar mixture to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meatballs; cover.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and sauce is bubbly. Transfer to chafing dish for serving.
Makes 4 dozen.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.