Makes a big batch of chewy chocolate cocoa brownies chock-full of walnuts, perfect for potlucks and picnics.
1 1/8 cups butter
4 cups granulated sugar
8 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a bowl beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, unsweetened baking cocoa, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat till thoroughly combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 15 x10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool.
- Frost if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes 48 bars.