Marie's Cream Cheese Brownies
Marie's chocolate walnut brownies with a swirl of cheesecake marbled throughout.
4 (1-ounce each) squares baking chocolate
5 tablespoons butter
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a heavy saucepan on low heat melt baking chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 egg, flour, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and 3/4 cup sugar. Add baking powder, salt, flour, l teaspoon vanilla, almond extract, and chopped walnuts. Pour into a 9-inch baking pan. Add half the chocolate mixture on top, followed by the cheese mixture, swirling the mixture with a knife. Pour the remainder chocolate mixture on top, swirling again.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 brownies.