Easy oatmeal cookie bars studded with chocolate chips.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, softened butter, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in 1 egg. Gradually blend in the flour mixture then stir in water. Stir in oats and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 16 bars.