Sweet & Salty Chewy Pecan Bars
Your family will love these sweet, salty and crunchy pecan bars, and you will love how easy they are to make thanks to the convenience of refrigerated cookie dough.
1 (16.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough - divided use
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Press 3/4 package (18 squares) cookie dough into prepared baking pan and refrigerate remaining 1/4 package (6 squares) cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Combine butter, nuts, sugar and salt in small bowl until coated. Sprinkle over dough. Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cookie dough; pressing down gently. Sprinkle with morsels.
- Bake for an additional 22 to 24 minutes or until edges are browned and set. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over bar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
- For a chewier caramel top, microwave 6 unwrapped caramel candies with 1 teaspoon milk for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over bar.
- Toasted pecans may also be used, if desired.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.