Asian Beef Steaks & Noodles
Asian-style beef round steak pan-fried and served with hoisin-seasoned vegetables and Chinese noodles.
4 beef eye round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup sliced green onions
3 ounces Chinese noodles, broken, cooked
4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine water, hoisin sauce and vinegar in small bowl.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brush skillet with oil. Add cucumber, bell pepper and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in noodles, 1/2 of cilantro and 1/2 of hoisin mixture. Remove.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook.
- Add remaining hoisin mixture; turn steaks to coat.
- Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.